Ingersoll Rand Claims Intern in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Qualified candidates must currently reside in the La Crosse area, as internship requires year-round availability while attending school full time. This is an anticipated 6 month assignment with the possibility to continue until graduation. Hours are flexible but students must be able to work 20 hours/week during the school year and up to 40 hours/week during summer. Workdays are flexible to accommodate student schedules within normal business hours.
The claims analyst intern is responsible for administering and supporting claims processing for all types of claims, including warranty, labor, startup, concessions, returns, variation, and billing adjustments.
- Review and process domestic and international claims per policies and procedures.
- Assist offices, territory leaders, and plants with claim entry, approval, process, and policies.
- Provide training as necessary on the claims management system and processes.
- Work with internal and external customers to resolve claims issues that arise.
- Handle a high volume of written and verbal communications with field offices and manufacturing locations.
- Maintain data supporting the claims management system.
- Run reports for audit and special processing.
- Perform other general office functions.
- Must be a full-time student pursuing a 2-year or 4-year degree in any business or communication-related major.
- Ability to recognize, prioritize, and perform required activities with minimal supervision required.
- Must be detail-conscious, organized, responsible, and dependable.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, with the ability to function independently as well as in a team environment with both internal and external customers.
- Keyboarding, Windows, Word, and Excel proficiency required.
- Must be able to consider all inputs in making sound decisions in choosing a course of action.
- Must be willing and able to assume additional duties, responsibilities, and assignments as needed.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Job: Customer Service
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: May 17, 2018, 9:32:36 AM