Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Collections Representative I (Part-Time)
Location: Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under the direction of the Collections Supervisor, collect delinquent loans on a timely basis by working with customers to bring accounts current with department policy and procedure, and maintain department goals.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Customer relations
1. Contact delinquent loan customers daily by telephone via the auto-dialer and/or dial directly to resolve delinquency issues.
2. Document all conversations, information, and account changes via the system to ensure a complete and accurate record of the delinquency and its resolution.
3. Meet department monthly goals for delinquency resolution by contacting and resolving the greatest number of customer issues to reduce bank risk.
4. Submit referrals to the proper departments to resolve issues related to misapplied payments forced place insurance, escrow inquiries, etc.
5. Perform duties at department standards.
6. Assist in the training of new associates.
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Preferred Education: Technical Diploma or Associate’s Degree
Minimum Experience: Less than 1 year
Preferred Experience: 1 year, but less than 3 years
Minimum Field-of-Experience: Customer service, telemarketing, or office support
Skills: Administrative: - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee, customer and corporate information.
Skills: Machine: Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, PC, basic software packages, etc.).
Working Conditions: Direct – Associate may frequently be required to act independently, the supervisor is not necessarily at the work site most of the time but procedures are spelled out in such a manner that errors are easily detected. This is typically reflective of clerical, secretarial, or support positions.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; lifting a max of 10 pounds
Vision Requirements: Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
Analyze: Problems are solved by following established procedures, instructions, guidelines or manuals, or by referring the problem to others. Measurable, but generally narrow effect on expense, operations, associate relations or customer relations (e.g., decisions usually impact a specific work area).
Math: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and/or division.
Communication: Written communication skills to draft materials that convey or request factual information where examples of both format and content usually exist and require some modification (e.g. preparing standard letters, and reports, etc.).
Contacts: Internal & External – Coordinate / Advise: Give
advice/counsel with skill and diplomacy or work
with the contact to coordinate or schedule activities.