Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Commercial Real Estate Team Leader
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under functional guidance, manage a sales and support team within the Commercial Real Estate business, responsible primarily for business development and portfolio management. Initiate and develop new business relationships and ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines. Provide coaching and performance assessment to the sales and support staff.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Sales and new business development
• Relationship management
• Loan underwriting/review
• Portfolio management and growth
• Asset quality
• Cross-sales and Fee income
• Deposit generation
• Community involvement
1. Develop and manage relationships by interviewing and analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship. In addition, this position is responsible for cross-selling all bank services, especially non-borrowing services. Manage team members’ relationship activities, with personal involvement in key accounts.
2. Initiate new business opportunities for the bank through the development of new business contacts and maintenance of existing client relationship to ensure sufficient loan, deposit, and Treasury Management volume. Effectively leverage assigned staff for maximum personal impact on new business development. Act as deal team leader on all substantial new business opportunities.
3. Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
4. Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends. Train and coach team members on financial advisory topics.
5. Visit other offices within assigned region for customer meetings, deal/market reviews, etc.
6. Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. Assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the team’s loan portfolio.
7. Make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
8. Manages colleagues by establishing annual performance goals; allocating resources; assessing annual performance; and determining and recommending individual merit, incentive, and/or promotional increases. Conducts periodic huddles with colleagues to discuss problems and train staff on any procedure changes.
9. Serve as a relationship manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services. Maintain proficiency in Treasury Management services, working closely with TM staff for solicitation of high value TM accounts.
10. Cross seller of Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, AFG, and Employee Benefit Services, to our existing client base as well as prospects.
11. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace. Serve on community boards as applicable.
12. Identify needs and refer customers to business Select partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline, or equivalent, related experience.
Masters degree in a related discipline is preferred.
• 10 years commercial real estate experience
• A minimum 5 years prior management experience, preferably leading a team of 5 - 10 direct reports
• Proven track record of achieving portfolio quality and sales/new business development goals
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
• Superior business development and presentation skills and experience
• Superior credit and negotiation skills
• Superior knowledge of non-borrowing products
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven analytical and financial analysis skills
• In-depth knowledge of lending policies and procedures
• Understand macro and micro economic issues as they apply to business.
• Thorough understanding of risks (market, rate, leverage, etc.) as it applies to the lending process.
• Detailed knowledge of loan documentation, accounting, loan structuring, and collateral procedures.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office products, and the ability to quickly learn new software/systems
• Excellent management skills and the ability to coach and develop to enhance employee performance
• Proven leadership abilities in team work settings with proficiency in product knowledge, sales cycle, and strategic planning
• Ability to hire, train, manage and coach others.
Direct reports developing and managing portfolios, plus administrative staff.
Up to 25%, including overnight.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with the hiring manager.