Covance Shipping Material Handler in Madison, Wisconsin
Covance is seeking a FT Material Handler, at the Madison, WI facility. This is a 1st Shift 40HR role, paid hourly.
The Material Handler II is responsible for performing a variety of activities related to receiving, distributing, storing, dispensing, inventory control and/or shipping of samples, supplies, controlled substances, mail and/or other materials to meet company standards of quality, customer service, safety, and productivity.
Loads and unloads freight in a safe manner. Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently. Makes certain all equipment needed for handling and moving of goods is available and in safe working condition
• Verify contents of material received under purchase orders.
• Report shortages, damages, and incorrect shipments on appropriate forms and to designated personnel.
• Using internal computer systems, enter purchase order, sample, and/or inventory receipts, perform inquiries and print appropriate paperwork. Prepare logs for P-Card, Internet order and Freight receipts. Enter requisitions for select items based on inventory.
• Deliver materials or samples to proper locations.
• Ensure proper rotation and organization of stock and participate in physical inventories. Trace problems related to discrepancies and work with Buyer/RCP’s to resolve.
Level of education required:High School diploma or GED.
- Professional certifications: receive and maintain DOT/IATA training certification.
Years of experience in the job discipline:1-3 years of experience.
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment is beneficial.
Job Location(s) US-WI-Madison
Job Number 2017-14919
Job Category Logistics/Shipping
Position Type Full-Time