Fleet Farm Director of Inventory Demand Planning in Appleton, Wisconsin
Why work for Mills Fleet Farm? Mills Fleet Farm is a growing value-based retailer of lifestyle merchandise that has been proudly serving farm, ranch and suburban customers in the Upper Midwest since 1955. Our stores offer a wide assortment of goods anchored by five key categories: farm/pet supplies, hunting/fishing products, auto parts, home improvement/home living goods and outdoor/work apparel. Our average store size is approximately 200,000 total square feet. Most locations include automotive service, a convenience store or gas station and a car wash. It’s safe to say, we’ve got something for everyone.
The Director of Demand Planning is responsible for the strategy, management and execution of inventory plans and forecasts to meet or exceed sales, margin, inventory turn and service objectives for the retail stores and e-commerce business. Primary responsibilities include leading a team of Demand Planners and developing the strategies and tactics to be used by the Inventory Management team to accurately plan products and purchases, handle item lifecycles and support promotional activity to drive financial results and ensure product availability.
Director of Inventory Demand Planning Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize a variety of analytical and statistical forecasting methods to drive an optimum demand plan forecast and develop and maintain systems to create a baseline demand plan for individual stores and aggregate appropriate demand forecasting units.
- Own and drive statistical forecast accuracy performance to achieve company goals and KPI’s.
- Determine tactics and ensure consistent execution to support assortment and merchandise plans while achieving service levels, fulfillment rates, inventory turn targets and maximizing inventory productivity.
- Provide leadership and direction on business planning cycles, seasonal events, promotions, new store openings and new category rollouts to the business. Understand impacts of various options to help guide organizational structure, processes and decision making related to inventory availability and forecasting.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and deliver portions of the budget to the Executive Team for approval.
- Maintain a well-balanced inventory in direct proportion to sales/potential in each assigned classification to maximize volume (sales) while minimizing cost (transfers, markdowns, discontinued inventory).
- Initiate and communicate analysis and recommendations in respect to inventory, sales, SKU classification and trend potential by store, store type, district, and region. Build forecasts at the correct level of detail properly model and execute against.
- Train and develop team members on the fundamentals of how the JDA tools functionally operate and how the basic algorithms work. Coach and mentor team members on supply chain fundamentals, tradeoffs, analysis and how to drive performance.
- Manage the configuration and optimization of JDA modules, including JDA Demand and JDA Fulfill and to achieve target inventory results.
- Develop system and report generated exceptions for resolution by the Inventory team.
- Act as a go to resource in the organization to understand planning within JDA. Have the ability to clearly articulate what is feasible along with both the operational and financial impacts to the business.
Our Commitment to Full-Time Team Members includes:
- Competitive pay
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Time Off*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
- Bonus Program*
*Eligibility requirements apply.
Director of Inventory Demand Planning Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Senior Inventory or Supply Chain role.
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong strategic, analytical, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage staff effectively
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and their integration
- Ability to drive accountability and business insight
- Must possess superior Microsoft Office Skills.
- Previous experience with JDA Demand and Fulfill software preferred.
- Knowledge of the Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) is preferred.
- Regularly required to sit, and occasionally required to stand/walk.
- Ability to travel by air or other modes of transportation.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position. *
Requisition Number: 17-4665
Title: Director of Inventory Demand Planning